Let me tell you about my new favorite thing to treat my loved ones with… GOLD BARS! Now, growing up they use to serve these magical things every Wednesday at my elementary school. It wasn’t until recent that I decided to look up the recipe to see what all went into gold bars. And… let me tell you…. EASSSSSY! I love them, husband loves them, family loves them. They are so delicious that I feel like Monica on Friends in the “Candy Land” episode with requests for MORE…LOL. I love these for holiday parties and for treats to pass out to co-workers.
Here how simple these magic morsels are…
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl melt butter
2. Next, add in confectioners’ sugar
4. Lastly, fold in rice crispies until well blended.
5. In bottom of a 13×11 glass baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper gently press mixture evenly into baking dish.
For the Chocolate Topping:
6. In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the 6Tbsp creamy peanut butter, stirring until smooth. (Heat approx 30-45 seconds at a time, then stir & repeat until fully melted.)
7. Allow chocolate topping to cool to room temperature and pour on top of peanut butter mixture–making a thin even layer.
8. Chill until set but not hard. Chocolate will begin to lose its shiny appearance. (approx. 1hr & 15min.)